Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Salt and Sadness

The sadness I feel comes and goes in violent short bursts of despair.
Short because it's silly to feel sad in such a temporary state of affairs.
Violent because I cannot control the tears and occasional sobs.
Bursts because they descend from nowhere and overwhelm my heart.

I like to think of the salt air and I wish I could taste the salty sea.
I don't know why, but it comforts me and grants me breath again.
Imagining the sand as my pillow and the waves as my blankets.
And all the sea creatures tickling my fingers and toes as I rest.

What a silly world I live in with unnecessary salt and sadness.
What a strange way I experience the emotional state of life.
To taste the salty sea on my tongue and breathe the damp air
As I fall apart for a moment before putting myself together again.

No comments: