Friday, June 8, 2012

Chase Down our Dreams

I just want to be near you.
I just want to press my forehead into yours
and brush my nose across your cheek.
I just want to feel your breath, and hear you say,
"One day we'll chase down our dreams, one by one."

When you look into my eyes,
all fear disappears from my mind.
When your fingers weave into mine,
all doubt scatters from my heart.
When your arms wrap around my shoulders,
all pain drifts from my soul.

Because when you're away from me,
the world feels too big in my mind.
When I can't touch you,
my troubles weigh heavy on my heart.
When I can't see your eyes,
I wonder of this could possibly be real.

There's too much riding on this silly mind of mine.
There is too much wrestling inside this heart.
There's too much joy inside my soul when you're with me
that makes the rest of my heartbeats feel so faint.

I just need to be near you.
I just need to hear you say,
"One day we'll chase down our dreams,
one by one."

No comments: