Friday, October 31, 2008

Journey

I'm staring at the wall again.
Struggling to hear God speak to me.

I don't hear anything.

I'm curled on the floor again.
Begging just to feel God embracing me.

I don't feel anything.

What have I done? Where have I gone,
That I can't hear the voice or feel the touch
Of the One that used to comfort me.

How is it that I've come so far
That I can't find my way
back again?

I'm drifting into space again.
Trying to find a reason to believe.

I don't believe in anything.

I'm trembling in my heart again.
Wondering how far away God must be.

To not do anything.

What have I done? Where have I gone?
That my faith has failed and God has given up
On me, How could He possibly?
How is it that I've run so far
That I can't hear my name
Calling me?

I know that I can't carry on without Him
And I fall a little further every day
But I have to walk this road alone to reach Him
So if He waits for me...

What have I done? Where have I gone?
That I don't trust the hands that offer love
To me?

But if you wait for me, I'll reach for you.

No comments: